Part 4 | The Power of Expectation:
“It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, & discipline that enabled us to follow through” Z. Ziglar. Your Expectations are revealed in the way you Speak, in what you Think and What you do (Habits).
A Life Long Learner: I have read some pretty incredible books last year(2016), and by far this book was one of my favorite, “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ by Dr Stephen R Covey
This VLOG is based on that book! Here are a Few of my notes from the book (Habits that Will Successfully Launch Us into our destiny| 2017). #TakeTheLimitsOff
- 1 – Be Proactive
- Talks about the concept of Circle of Influence and Circle of Concern. Work from the centre of your influence and constantly work to expand it. Don’t sit and wait in a reactive mode, waiting for problems to happen (Circle of Concern) before taking action.
- 2 – Begin with the End in Mind
- Envision what you want in the future so you can work and plan towards it.
- 3 – Put First Things First
- Talks about difference between Leadership and Management. Leadership in the outside world begins with personal vision and personal leadership. Talks about what is important and what is urgent. Priority should be given in the following order:
- 1) Important and Urgent
- 2) Important and not-urgent
- 3) Not Important and Urgent
- 4) Not important and Not urgent
- 4 – Think WIn-Win
- Genuine feelings for mutually beneficial solutions or agreements in your relationships. Value and respect people by understanding a “win” for all is ultimately a better long-term resolution than if only one person in the situation had gotten his way.
- 5 – Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
- Use empathic listening to genuinely understand a person, which compels them to reciprocate the listening. This creates an atmosphere of caring, and positive problem solving.
- 6 – Synergize
- Combine the strengths of people through positive teamwork, so as to achieve goals that no one could have done alone.
The final habit is that of continuous improvement in both the personal and interpersonal spheres of influence.
- 7 – Sharpen the Saw
- Balance and renew your resources, energy, and health to create a substainable long-term, effective lifestyle. It primarily emphasizes exercise for physical renewal, prayer (meditation) and good reading for mental renewal.
8 – Find your voice and inspire others to find theirs.