A New York Times’s headline asks, “Is Marriage Good for Your Health?’” Great Question, Right! Interesting Fact: For years, it has been said that married people are healthier, and tend to live longer. But recent research indicates that the quality of the marriage may be what counts. People in troubled relationships can end up having more health problems than those who have never married. Thus, concluding that investing in your marriage, can bring you much joy, and add years to your life.
As promised, here are a few “Golden Nuggets (more to come/stay tuned).”
- Get Plugged Into A Bible-Believing Church: This is Huge! Getting plugged in/planted helps keep you and your spouse accountable, and hopefully your church goes a step further by providing tools to help build successful marriages. We’re blessed to attend a church that offer such programs/tools, as well as Scriptural-based Teachings to help equip. Every year around valentines day, our church host the XO Marriage Simulcast- Marriage Today with Jimmy and Karen Evans. We have attend this conference for the past few years, and have found it very helpful. If you live in the St Louis Area, and need more information, check it out; www.cotr.org. I am grateful for Pastors who invest in our marriages
- Read The Word Together: Reading the Word brings clarity. Here are a few scriptures that will Help Strengthen you and your marriage (5 Bible Verses From The Christian Post), Enjoy;
1. “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”- 1 Peter 4:8
– This is a very important life verse for marriage because marriage is a unification of two sinners. No one is perfect in a marriage. There will be times that a husband or wife may fail each other, mess up, or do something hurtful. It is important to remember God’s definition of love and know that loving each other deeply can cover all those sins. This verse reminds us the true power of love!
2. “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:12
– Understanding that two is strong than one is one thing. But, understanding two together united with one God is even stronger! The three cords represent a husband, a wife, and God. These three form a close relationship that is not easily broken.
3. “Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace.”- Ephesians 4:2-3
– If a husband and wife are humble, patient, gentle, and selfless in a relationship this will cause less confrontation and arguments. This verse reminds us to keep calm and do as Jesus would do.
4. “For I know the plans I have for you, ‘Declare The Lord,’ plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
– These words fill our hearts with hope and faithfulness. This verse shows us the heart of God towards humanity. We do not know all the plans God has for our future, but we must trust that He will strengthen us each day.
5. “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”- Mark 10:9
– When you first enter into marriage, the last thing you are thinking about is divorce! But, through the years of being together, you may enter times of hardship and trails that threaten your relationship. If this is ever the case, allow God’s word come into play. You have been joined together under God, don’t let anyone or anything separate your love for each other.