This weekend, my husband and I saw the movie, “War Room,” and found it to be inspiring, and quite refreshing. We literally laughed, cried, and lifted our hands high as we sat snuggling in the back of the theater. “It’s exciting when a movie that Exalts prayer is done with such Excellence!” L. Bevere #TotallyAgree
To the cast, directors, writers, and producers, I say; “Job Well Done!” The movie grossed over 11 million dollars this past weekend, earned the top spot for new releases, and impacted many lives (ours included). Yes, I love it!!!Prayer is a powerful weapon! #WarRoom
Between the movie, John Bevere’s “GoodOrGod” tour, and the series,”The Reality of Heaven(COTR),” we were thoroughly equipped, and enriched as a Couple. God has truly surrounded us with some of the most amazing individuals.
Here are a few golden nuggets from Today’s study on Prayer;
- One key reason to pray is because God has commanded us to pray. If we are to be obedient to His will, then prayer must be part of our life in Him.
- Prayer allows us to worship and praise the Lord. It also allows us to offer confession of our sins, which should lead to our genuine repentance. Moreover, prayer grants us the opportunity to present our requests to God. All of these aspects of prayer involve communication with our Creator. He is personal, cares for us, and wants to commune with us through prayer.
- Prayer reminds us that we are not in control, but God is, thus keeping us from pride.
- We pray to demonstrate our faith in God
- Through prayer, we experience life-transforming, life-renewing intimacy with the Creator of the universe.
“But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.” –Matthew 6:6
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” –Romans 12:12
“… if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” -2 Chronicles 7:14