Here are a few of my notes from last night’s sermon by Pastor David Blunt.
- Say yes to whatever God ask you to do. Submission releases the grace of God.
- If you want a successful home you need to seek God first!
- Faith won’t work until you believe that God is a Good God
“Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—how good God is.
Blessed are you who run to him.” Psalm 34:8
- Blessings are much better than miracles! (Crises Living vs Living The Blessed Life)
- Worshiping God will bring His best
Our Basic Needs;
- Significance (Comfortable in our own skin)
- Satisfaction (Don’t look to people to satisfy your needs)
“You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing.” Psalm 145:16
“So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.” Romans 12-1,2
Faith works by love… You present your body as living sacrifice by;
- Being (transform from the inside out)
- Doing (renewing of our mind/everyday growing)
- Having (discern/walk)
“Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!) Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who fears (reveres and worships) the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments. His [spiritual] offspring shall be mighty upon earth; the generation of the upright shall be blessed.” Psalm 112:1,2
- Surrendering our life, as a living sacrifice (total commitment)
For more information check out; www.cotr.org