I’ve learned the value of going beyond the noise (Over These Years), into the secret, and quiet place. There I’ve found Fresh Manna for the journey, direction, joy, and a peace that surpasses all understanding. There, in that quiet place, I’ve received a greater desire for His Word and for His Presence (Nothing Lacking, Nothing Missing). Lord, I’m grateful! Thank You For Leading Me, For Guiding Me, For Protecting and Keeping Me. I am truly blessed!
I made the decision to accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior at the age of 11, and rededicated my life back to Him in my early 20s. It’s been quite a journey (not at all easy, but well worth it with Him, Jesus, the Center of My Life)! Life can throw some big ones at you, but God! He is the Great I AM and He sent His Spirit to be our; Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Standby, Intercessor, and Strengthener!!! What an an amazing God we serve. He meets all of our needs according to His riches and glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:9). Here’s a short description/explanation of the Holy Spirit’s role (research notes);
- If you are having a hard time making a decision. It’s probable a good job for the Counselor.
- If you are not sure how you are going to get it all done. It’s time to call in the Helper.
- If your heart is heavy and joy is no where is sight. Tap into the soothing powers of the Comforter .
- When something is troubling you, but you don’t know what to pray about. You better reach out to the Intercessor.
- When your situation calls for favor with God and man, the only one who can help you is the Advocate.
- When an emergency arises and you’re not sure who to call. Cry out to the Standby.
- And when you feel like you may not be able to keep going much longer. There is no one to call but the Strengthener.
I am not a religious scholar, neither have I attend seminary school (That’s my disclaimer). I am just one girl who’s willing to share her faith journey with others. You are more than a conquer, Believe That!!!! You can overcome Fear, Rejection, Hurt, and Disappointments or whatever it is that you are dealing with. See yourself through His eyes, and know that He has a great plan for your life (Exceedingly, Abundantly More). He’s A Wonder, A Strong Tower, and He came so that we might have life and that more abundantly (John 10:10). That is why a relationship with Christ is so vital to our Christian Walk.
Here are a few nuggets from Today’s Study (Quiet-Time Review);
- God has created everything we need
- In knowing God, we will know who we are
- Greater Hunger, Greater Desire For God
- Let us stop moving about as if God is Powerless
- We have to be willing to die to self continually
- Know Him, Follow Him
- We are Carried on the Shoulders of a Commander, not a Beggar
- Understand your authority and walk in it
- Spiritual Warfare, Putting on the Whole Armour