Yesterday, our church hosted the “Ultimate Life Seminar” with Dr. Dave Martin. It was full of Golden Nuggets, and Useful Information! Here are my notes:
- It’s a Choice! It is not automatic
- Your commitment to grow today will brings success tomorrow
- Learn something new everyday.
- It’s our responsibility to grow
- Be Teachable
- Continue to grow/learn (be a life-long learner)
- J Paul Getty said the key to thinking big is exposure..
How we use our time makes all the difference:
- Set Aside 1 hour a day to learn something new
Three types of Days:
- Result Day
- Prep Day
- Rest Day
Here are some nuggets from his book, “12 traits of the Great”:
1) Take Responsibility
2) Mindset (Strong Belief System) believe in yourselves…. Don’t lose faith in your dreams (See yourself as God’s sees you, not as others/or even yourself see you) Our position in life is determine by our condition in Christ!!
- Van Go was told that he was a horrible painter, but he kept painting, and his paintings have made over a hundred million dollars
- Margaret Mitchell submitted her book to 31 publishers before it was accepted and published in 1936. The title of that book, “Gone with the Wind” Today, that book is considered a classic!
- Colonel Sanders started KFC in his mid 60s.
- Know that you have the mind of Christ (You’re Brilliant)! Change your Thinking!
3) Passion/Purpose; What is your passion?
- When you are doing what you love, it will reward you.
- Live your Passion!!! Come Alive!
- Create a Vision Board/Wall
5) Wisdom (passion to study) is more valuable than silver… & We’re Worth it!!!
6) Relationships (Iron sharpens Iron)
- There is Strength in Focus
- Our sight affects our Desire
- Think About Winning
- A Lesser Pursuits will break your Focus… Don’t be distracted!
8) Courage! It takes courage to be you! Be who God created you to be!!! Know who you are…
- Be a Person of Action. Don’t be afraid of failure!!!
- Kobe Bryant holds the record for the most missed shot! He also holds the record for the most made shots, beating out Micheal Jordan
- Be Courageous (brave)
- Be Persistence (Keep moving forward)
- Fight until you win!
- Stay the course, just don’t quit….